Insight Driven Innovation
Marketing and R&D teams are under pressure to generate new revenue and profit. Many teams are overwhelmed by the request, and struggle with best practices.
The key is to look beyond consumer, customer, and end-user needs and pain points. Today, successful commercialization depends on a deep understanding of what motivates people to act.
In this highly-interactive and hands-on workshop, your team will learn how today’s best innovators leverage a deep and intuitive understanding of consumers/customers/end users to launch winning products and services.
What you will gain by completing this training:
- A framework for managing the front-end-of-innovation that achieves the right balance of structure and flexibility
- A process for developing opportunity areas and an innovation roadmap
- An understanding of the power of insight-based innovation (and how an insight is different from needs and pain points)
- Techniques for studying people, not markets
- Skill enhancement for conducting better research: active listening, empathy-building, and observation
This workshop is based on an actual commercialization project. Participants will recreate the steps from scoping an innovation assignment, conducting exploratory research, framing insights and opportunities, ideating solutions, and developing product concepts all in accordance to best practices.