Learn What it Takes to "Amp Up" the
Insight Driven Innovation
Marketing and R&D teams are under pressure to generate new revenue and profit. Many teams are often overwhelmed by the request, and struggle with best practices.
The key is to look beyond consumer, customer, and end-user needs and pain points. Today, successful commercialization depends on a deep understanding of what motivates people to act.
In this highly-interactive and hands-on workshop, your team will learn how today’s best innovators leverage a deep and intuitive understanding of consumers/customers/end users to launch winning products and services.
What you will gain by completing this training:
- A framework for managing the front-end-of-innovation that achieves the right balance of structure and flexibility
- A process for developing opportunity areas and an innovation roadmap
- An understanding of the power of insight-based innovation (and how an insight is different from needs and pain points)
- Techniques for studying people, not markets
- Skill enhancement for conducting better research: active listening, empathy-building, and observation
This workshop is based on an actual commercialization project. Participants will recreate the steps from scoping an innovation assignment, conducting exploratory research, framing insights and opportunities, ideating solutions, and developing product concepts all in accordance to best practices.
- Characteristics of leading innovators and how they approach learning
- Best practices in conducting research
- Strengths and weaknesses of various research approaches and requirements for studying people vs. markets
- Agile learning and the killers of agility
- Managing the front-end-of-innovation: best practices in scoping an assignment, framing insights, and developing an innovation roadmap.
- Conducting an ideation session (with hands-on practice)
- Drafting concepts and a simulated co-creation exercise
- Prioritizing ideas and concepts—methods to choose what to advance in your innovation process
- Optimizing concepts—methods to prioritize product features and determine price sensitivity
- Best practices for prototype testing and field testing
- Developing learning plans for the FEI
- The people side of innovation
- Skill enhancement: active listening, empathy building, and observation (requisite skills for best-in-class learning)
- Engagement strategies for study participants
Frequently Asked Questions
The session is designed specifically for those in an innovation role within their organization and charged with bringing new products and services to market. Typical functional areas that participate include (but is not limited to) the following: product managers, research and development, customer insights, brand managers, and marketing.
The workshop spans 2 days with 6-7 hours of content for each day.
For best results, we recommend 10-15 participants. The maximum number of participants is 15.
The cost is $795 per person, and may be considered a value-add service if you are current or prospective client of StandPoint. Travel expenses for workshop leaders.
Workshops are held at your place of work. The client assumes the responsibility for securing meeting space that will accommodate 15 people and breakout groups. Client is also responsible for any food and beverage catering.
Contact Kip Creel at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 404.963.9983.